Support and Training Benefits
Benefits of IT Support and Training
When new IT systems are introduced to your business, staff will need to learn how to use them and will require technical support, should things go wrong. This is particularly important if IT is being introduced to the business for the first time.
If staff are not given adequate training in new IT systems, there may be a number of drawbacks such as:
- business operations being disrupted
- efficiency and productivity falling
- staff becoming frustrated and unhappy
- deadlines being missed
- the business losing confidence in the new system
There are many potential benefits if staff are adequately trained and supported. For example:
- business operations will not be interrupted by the introduction of new systems
- staff will be more confident in their use of IT, leading to improvements in their productivity
- staff can make full use of new systems as soon as they are installed
- having improved IT skills within your business will allow you to introduce new technology as it becomes available
The more effort put into training and supporting your staff, the greater the rewards are in the long run.